Selected for The Other Art Fair 2015
I’m very excited to announce that I have been selected to be part of The Other Art Fair is September!
An international platform for emerging artists, The Other Art Fair connects buyers directly with the best undiscovered artistic talent. The Other Art Fair is currently the UK’s largest artist led fair. Due to its on-going success, The Other Art Fair is launching in Sydney this September.
Running over four days, the fair provides an accessible place to purchase affordable art, directly from 100 selected artists. With an accomplished selection committee on board, we can guarantee that a variety of quality works, spanning all mediums, will be on display.
The Other Art Fair is unique in its approach to supporting artists, providing a platform where our artists can further cultivate their professional careers. In addition to the four days at the fair, we support them throughout the year by offering free seminars, workshops and lectures, all given by industry leaders. We also give them the opportunity to sell online, as well as open up doors for individuals to connect with companies and associations.
Find our more about this fabulous event here.
Save the date: 10-13 September 2015
Buying Tips from TOAF team:
The team at The Other Art Fair recommends the following tips when buying art:
- Buy what you like: We know it’s a cliché but buy art that you like and enjoy! Know yourself: are you a bright and bold kind of girl or a sculptural abstract sort of guy? Of course, we recommend that you listen to the advice of others but it’s you that will gain the enjoyment from purchasing a piece. Remember buying art is very subjective! If your chosen piece increases in value then it’s a bonus but if it doesn’t, then at least you have invested in something that enhances your environment.
- Pricing: To keep things easy all art work shown at The Other Art Fair will have price clearly displayed. The Other Art Fair is about bringing artists and buyers together in an unintimidating environment. You are purchasing directly from artists rather than through a gallery.
- Get talking: What makes The Other Art Fair different is that the artists are there for you to talk to so make the most of it. Having a conversation with the artist gives you an insight into their work; how it was made, how long they have been working and what they are planning on doing next.
- Research: Take a look at the artists profiles here on the site. Check out their individual websites as well to get a feel for their work.
- Take a risk: The Other Art Fair is all about emerging and undiscovered artists so embrace the fair’s spirit and take a risk on someone new. You never know what the future will hold!